Thursday, June 19, 2014

Sarah Jane captures the innocence of childhood Summer Nights with Wee Wanderer Collection

What Sarah Jane had to say about the collection:

Creating a fabric collection is like putting together a puzzle from your soul. I have a feeling or a set of colors and images, and I want to tell a story with it…one that resonates on multiple levels. I think about the child, and their interpretation of the illustration. I think about the quilter, and needing to cut up fabric freely. I think about the apparel sewer, and needing something that works on a large surface. I think about the mom who is going to redecorate their child’s space and needs lots of inspiration and lots of pieces to make her space work. I think about what colors are trending, but that also tell my story authentically. And so many more questions. But like I said, it all starts from a feeling and this collection comes from my own childhood memories of playing outside and wandering through the meadows and woods behind my house, with the only curfew being supper time. Wandering without boundaries. Daydreaming without having to be reeled in. Staying up past dark on summer nights to catch fireflies. And watch the twinkling trees in the distance.
Wee Wander:  It’s a play on words. It’s a “little” wander, or let’s all go on a wander.

 

Summer Night Lights Double Border Magenta

Summer Night Lights Double Border Twilight


Wee Wander With The Birds Pink

Wee Wander Woods Petal

Summer Ride Melon

Summer Ride White

Summer Ride Seafoam


Wee Wander Glow Friends Pink



Wee Wander Glow Friends Sea



 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: